<<<CLICK HERE for All Entangled Halloween Hop>>>
<<<CLICK HERE for Lucky 13 Blog Hop>>>
Love ghosts? Zombie? Vampires? Everything paranormal? Me too!
This year will be the first year ever for Hallowread in Ellicott City, MD. This small town is well-known for being a very haunted (and fun) place, so what better spot to hold a 3-day reader event. It all takes place Friday, October 25th-Sunday, October 27th. It's a book convention for authors and fans of all sorts of paranormal books.
Events include a ghost tour, steampunk tea, author panels, a horror movie, a live performance of Dracula, and an author signing. A convenient shuttle will escort you to all the awesome places.
I'll be on two author panels, and giving away swag for my upcoming ghostly release, SIDELINED AFTERLIFE. Yep, that's right. The book isn't even out yet, and we haven't even done an official cover reveal, so participants at Halloread will be among the first to check out Hunter and Veronica, the hero and heroine of the third book in the HAUNTINGS AT INNER HARBOR trilogy.
I'll be at the event all day Saturday, October 26th, and hope to see you at the following sessions:
- 10 a.m.-10:45 a.m. Experiencing the Paranormal: Panel with Joya Fields, Laura Kaye, Jolea Harrison, Cat Miller, P.J. Schnyder, Vonnie Winslow Christ and Jordan K. Rose. Location: The Trolley Stop (a.k.a. the Bloody Bucket)
- 11 a.m.-11:45 a.m. Gods, Monsters and Extraterrestrials: Panel with Shea McLeod, Hildie McQueen, Joya Fields, Stephanie Julian, and Jolea Harrison. Location: Cacao Lane
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. Book signing at the sanctuary of Emory United Methodist Church 3799 Church Road, Ellicott City.
A sneak peek out some of the cool stuff I'll be giving away:
For ticket information, please visit the Hallowread website Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you there this weekend!
Monday, October 21, 2013
Friday, October 18, 2013
My Entangled Ignite book REUNITED IN DANGER takes place this time of year...fall in Baltimore.
Check out this excerpt featuring the reunited lovers, Keely and Logan.
Wishing she didn’t look so good in a pair of worn jeans and an old red
sweatshirt, he slammed the door and set the lock. University of Maryland
“Keely.” He stood by the door, afraid to trust himself around her. He had to keep her at a distance. As teens, he’d been too wild for her, as adults, he couldn’t give her what she wanted.
Anger grew in his gut. What if she’d been attacked in his own neighborhood, on her way to see him, and he’d been inside watching a movie? He faced her, using his best cop tone. “Do you know how many muggings there were on the next block last month?” He could have bought a house in a safer neighborhood, but he liked the fact everyone knew he was a cop. His presence kept crime down on this block. But he’d never expected women to come over at odd hours in the night.
She didn’t even have the grace to look chastened as she took a swig of beer and shrugged. “So, I see you still like Louis L’Amour movies.” She smiled and pointed at the television screen with her beer bottle.
He forced himself to take a slow, calming breath, counting to ten.
|Reunited in Danger|
Available Now Kindle Nook
?” A furrow formed between her brows and
she stood. Her long brown hair, damp from the rain, clung to the sides of her face.
A loose tendril fell across her cheek. Logan
He wanted to step forward, brush it aside, grab her face in both hands, and kiss the hell out of her.
“Why didn’t you return my calls when I reached out to you a few years ago?”
So that was why she was here. To finish the conversation they’d started earlier, before the street outside her dad’s house had erupted in chaos.
She set her bottle on the table and took a step closer to him.
His gaze dropped to follow her pink-painted fingertips as she reached for the hem of her sweatshirt. Surprise shot through him as she yanked it over her head, tossing it to the sofa. She wore a thin beige halter and no bra. He stared at the pert outline of her nipples, and his mouth went dry. Oh, holy shit.
With every ounce of willpower he possessed, he forced his eyes higher and stared back at her. But focusing on her eyes didn’t do him much good. Her blue eyes sparkled in the dim lamp light, sending him signals he knew only too well.
She hadn’t come over solely to get the answers to her questions. She’d come here to seduce him. And God help him, he didn’t know if he had the strength to resist.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Check out lots of other All Entangled Eve posts and authors here and thanks so much for stopping by!!
Saturday, October 12, 2013
Happy Halloween! What's your favorite part of the festivities? The costumes, the candy or the decorations and haunted houses/trails? However you have your fun, hope you'll scroll down to enter to win some great prizes as part of our Lucky 13 Blog Hop.
For me, it's the decorations. I love hanging lights, carving pumpkins, and displaying all sorts of scary creatures. For years, we had a haunted trail on our property. It was soooo much work, but it was sooo much fun. I think it's my dad's fault that I love decorating so much. When I was a kid, on Halloween night he would hang a dummy from a tree with a strap. And then every time a trick-or-treater came up our sidewalk, he'd make a scary noise and then drop the dummy. Kids loved it! They'd come back to our house two or three times, I think.
My experiences with Halloween are part of the reason I love writing about ghosts! They're mischievous, a little (a lot?) scary, and very mysterious. That's what makes them so fun to write about. My trilogy, HAUNTINGS AT INNER HARBOR, features a 100 year-old apartment building in downtown Baltimore. Imagine the ghosts that residents have to deal with! Bad ghosts...monster ghosts...and even a matchmaking ghost. I'm thrilled to announce that the third book in the series will be releasing very soon. The first two are available now! Hope you'll check them out.
|He doesn’t believe in ghosts, she’s a ghost who needs his help. |
Available now! Decadent Publishing Amazon (Kindle) Barnes & Noble (Nook)
|A deejay, a cop, and a matchmaking ghost. |
Available now! Decadent Publishing Amazon (Kindle) Barnes and Noble (Nook)
And Now for the prize information:
Joya's prize for this blog: Follow this blog and leave me a comment that you've followed and you're entered for a chance to win an Ebook copy of ALTERED FREQUENCY, and a swag package for SIDELINED AFTERLIFE that includes a T-shirt (size XL), pen and notepad. Open to International. Grand Prize information:
Kindle PaperWhite, if we have enough entries
Treat Bundle – From Participating Authors
Trick Bundle – From Participating Authors
Individual Prizes from each blog hop stop (Trick or a Treat)
- · FOOL'S GOLD, The Diamond Series Book 2 by Cassandra Dean
- · Her Wicked Sin (Sins of Salem #1) historical romance (Entangled Scandalous) via Amazon or BN gift copy
- · Hot Winter Kiss, Irish Kisses bk4 by Joanne Kenrick
- · Norse Jewel by Gina Conkle
- · Once Her Man, Always Her Man by Heather Long
- · Then, Again by Karen Stivali
- · Reforming the Cowboy: A South Beach Book, gifted as an Amazon ebook by Marisa Cleveland
- · Scrap Metal by Jennah Scott
- · Brazen (Whispering Cove) by Cathryn Fox
- · A Date with Death (1NS ) by Louisa Bacio
· Hereafter by Joya Fields· Fight or Flight by Natalie J. Damschroder
· Silken Edge by Lacey Paige
· Sleepy Hollow Dreams by Taryn Kincaid
- · Lightning by Taryn Kincaid
- · Ruby Hill supernatural romance (Entangled Ever After) via Amazon or BN gift copy
- · ebook bundle, Tales from the Coffin by Joanne Kenrick
- · Last Flight of the Ark by Dawn Jackson
- · Kindred of the Fallen by Isis Rushdan
- · Protector of the Flame by Isis Rushdan
- · Hereafter by Joya Fields
- · Earth Witches Aren't Easy by Heather Long
- · Marshal of Hel Dorado by Heather Long
- · Amazon or B & N gift copy of To Catch Her Death (Book 1 in the Grim Reality series) by Boone Brux
- · Hunter's Moon (Paranormal Romance) by Lisa Kessler
- · Heaven and Hellsbane by Paige Cuccaro
Find more authors and prizes for Lucky 13 Blog Hop by clicking on any of the links below! Have fun and good luck!!