Monday, December 10, 2012

My Favorite Song Ever (and why it is) #deannabogart #songwriting

-->Click Here for the Christmas Wishes Blog Hop<--
-->Click Here for the Winter Wonderland Scavenger Hunt<--
 

Playlists are great…this song is the BEST!
I have playlists for every book I write because music inspires me and embodies the mood. It's a great way to "set" myself before I sit down to write. With all these playlists and artists to choose from on my iPod, you would think each song would get a lot of play.

Nope. The most frequently played song on my iPod is "They Said It Wouldn't Rain" by Deanna Bogart. And it was the only song I listened to while writing my latest release Hereafter, a contempory romance set in a haunted downtown apartment building. Rob, the hero of the story, even listens to Deanna's music in the book.

"They Said It Wouldn't Rain" has been my favorite song for at least ten years. But here's where I'm lucky: Deanna perforoms all over the world, but she lives near enough to Baltimore that I get to see her perform at least once a year. Not only do I get to listen to her song over and over each week, I get to listen to her sing it live. And what an experience that is!

What is it about this song? Besides her sultry voice and the smooth sound of her piano and saxophone, "Said it Wouldn't Rain" is a love story. Don't we all go into a relationship thinking it will be great...hoping it will be great? But it doesn't always work out that way. And the hero in my book believes he'll never find love, that he isn't really deserving of love. Rainy relationships are all he's ever known.

I'm thrilled that Deanna has agreed to be a guest on my blog this week as part of the release week celebration for Hereafter. Please check back to find out more about the Deanna Bogart Band and their music on December 12th. In the meantime, check out "They Said It Wouldn't Rain:"
Click Here to Listen to They Said It Wouldn't Rain

Countdown to the release of Herafter:

Connect with Joya
Twitter: @joyafields
Goodreads
Shelfari
Amazon Author Page
Purchase Links for Joya's Books
Amazon Barnes and Noble The Wild Rose Press Decadent Publishing (on 12/11/12)

No comments: